The passive capillary, high-performance surface drainage
The capillary passive surface drainage system for drainage mortar
for solid laying of ceramic, natural stone and concrete paving.
AquaDrain® EK is a capillary-breaking surface drainage system specially devised for laying outdoor coverings on drainage mortar. Thanks to the unique mesh, the raising of the complete surface and a high drainage volume, the system provides rapid and immediate drainage.
1. ProFin® DP drain end profile + ProFin® BL push-on facing plate
2. DiProtec® SDB quick sealing sheet
3. DiProtec® AB-K butyl sealing tape
4. PE membrane as separating layer
5. AquaDrain® EK natural stone drainage
6. AquaDrain® RD edge insulation strips
7. AquaDrain® perforated angle bracket
8. Cement-based drainage mortar
9. MorTec® DRAIN-EP drainage mortar
10. AquaDrain® TM-QE drain grate
11. AquaDrain® FLEX-PE drain grate
12. ProRin® BR balcony gutter
Substrate requirements: Pressure-resistant;
for thermal insulation: EPS 035 DAA dh/XPS, min. 120 kPa
- Patios and terraces with ground contact, roof terraces, loggias, cantilevered balconies
- Old ceramic tile coverings / old coatings
Fall: to max. 3 %
Seal: All types of seal are possible
Minimum thickness of covering: Concrete from 20 mm, natural stone from 20 mm, ceramic elements from 10 mm minimum
Height of structure including covering:
- From approx. 68 mm (tiles), from 43 mm in MorTec® system
- From approx. 80 mm (natural stone/concrete), from 55 mm in MorTec® system
Fixed laid tile, natural stone and concrete coverings
on drainage/coarse grain mortar, as well as ceramic elements.
- Corresponds to German Construction Industry Association (ZDB) Technical Bulletin "External Surface Coverings"
- Corresponds to German Natural Stone Association (DNV) information sheet "Technical Construction Information; Natural Stone 1.4 – Outdoor Floor Coverings"