AquaDrain® HU is a high-load and capillary passive surface drainage mat – specially designed for loose placement on non-bonded substrates. In contrast to conventional dimpled membranes, AquaDrain® HU is perforated on the underside: seepage water can flow away even on uneven surfaces.
Capillary passive surface drainage mat.
16 mm high for loose laying, can be used on bonded and unbonded substrates.
Perforated dimpled membrane ensures fast drainage of seepage water.
Seepage water can flow away, even on uneven surfaces.
High load capacity.
– can be driven on by vibrating plate compactors
– can be driven on in private areas by cars weighing up to 3.5 t
Up to +26 dB footfall sound improvement.
(Research by Construction Acoustics Laboratory, University of Rhine-Main).
Special fleece with low through-flow resistance provides fast drainage.
The 16 mm high surface drainage mat raised the entire surface of the covering and prevents accumulated moisture from getting back into the structure (bed of gravel or chippings) and therefore into the covering. Damp stains and weed growth in the joints, together with efflorescence on concrete, are reduced in loose laid coverings.
Brief technical information
|Area of application||For walk-on and drive-on outdoor surfaces in private and public areas, such as on (roof) terraces, balconies and on surfaces in private areas that can be driven on with vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tons.|
|Types of covering||Suitable types of covering are those recommended by the manufacturer for the application area and the respective type of laying of the covering.|
• unbonded, ground contact substrates, substrates with delayed seeping capacity such as levelled gravel, vibrated and compacted surfaces
• bonded substrates, concrete surfaces with or without waterproofing
• max. static load capacity up to 350 kN/m² with 20 % compression
• normal load up to 50 kN/m² with 3 % compression
• max. dynamic drive-on capacity up to 35 kN/m² (3.5 t in private areas)
|Footfall noise improvement||+26 dB (with decking)|
100 % Fall= 7.14 l/(m*s)
10 % Fall= 2.13 l/(m*s)
1.5 % Fall= 0.78 l/(m*s)
|Insulation||Compressive strength of walk-on areas ≥ 120 kPa|
|Substrate gradients||≥ 1.0 % to 2.5 %|